Preparing high school students for careers with competency training, subsidized work experience, and other learning experiences.
- Career exploration
- Career competency training
- Paid work experience for high school students
2023 Program Update
The 2023 Summer Youth Application is now available on the CWP website.
There is a help guide on the CWP website to assist participants and their families with completing the application. This year is similar to previous summer applications:
- Be between the ages 14-24 (by July 1)
- Eligible to work in the USA
- Must be low-income (Specific Eligibility Requirements: Receive Free/Reduced Lunch, SNAP, TANF)
If you have any questions, contact our office at (860) 826.6991 or send an e-mail to [email protected].
This program runs from July through August. Call one of the locations below to learn more or enroll. Walk-ins also welcome.
Special Thanks to Employers Who Gave Our Youth a Chance
- Advance Auto Parts, Inc.
- Avery’s Beverages
- Boys and Girls Club
- CCSU Early Learning Center
- City of New Britain
- CVS Pharmacy
- CW Resources
- Konover Residential Corporation
- New Britain Board of Education
- New Britain Police Athletic League
- Stew Leonard’s
- Stop & Shop
- Urban Oaks Organic Farm
SHOUT OUT to Tunxis Community College for all of your support.
For More Information, Visit:
- Success Story: High School Students Grow with Guidance, Experience and a Chance to Succeed
- Capital Workforce Partners
- CT Department of Labor
Program funded in part by Capital Workforce Partners, with the generous funding of the State of Connecticut and American Savings Foundation.