Annual income tax preparation by youth, for youth. The only program of its kind in Connecticut!
- IRS-certified youth volunteers prepare annual tax returns for low- to-moderate income youth who are working
- Free of charge tax preparation for individuals and families whose total household income is $56,000 or less
- VITA Youth volunteers gain meaningful financial education, community service and a chance to learn about a career in financial services
All information is kept strictly confidential. Call (860) 356.2000 for an appointment.
Bring to Your Appointment:
- Photo identification or valid driver’s license
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer ID Number(s) for all household members
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- Wage and earning statement(s) forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from all banks (Form 1099)
- Forms 1095 A, B or C, Affordable Care Act Statements
- Copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit (blank check or a letter from your bank)
- Your 2021 Economic Impact Payment Letter (Notice 1444-C)
- Advanced Child Tax Credit Payments Letter (Letter 6419)
- Other relevant information:
- Receipts from child care providers, with provider’s identifying number
- Education expenses and student loan information
- List of all business income and expenses, if applicable
- Married taxpayers filing a joint return: both spouses must be present to sign required forms
For more information on tax preparation, visit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website.
Program funded by United Way of Central and Northeastern CT, American Savings Foundation, and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.