Volunteer Income Tax Assistance for Youth
Annual income tax preparation by youth, for youth.
The only program of its kind in Connecticut!
Featured on WFSB Channel 3 News and
in the Hartford Courant
HRA launches 2 new VITA for Youth pilot programs at Platt and Maloney High Schools in Meriden, CT.
Last day to file tax returns:
April 17, 2017
Call for an appointment:
- IRS-certified youth volunteers prepare annual tax returns for low- to-moderate income youth who are working
- Free of charge tax preparation for individuals and families whose total household income is $54,000 or less
- VITA Youth volunteers gain meaningful financial education, community service and a chance to learn about a career in financial services
All information is kept strictly confidential.
VITA 2017 Tax Prep Centers Open January 2017 - see schedules
VITA Youth Program receives contribution from American Savings Foundation.
Teenagers Prepare Tax Returns in New Britain -
a video on the rewards of being a Certified VITA Volunteer
Made possible by the American Savings Foundation
Bring to Your Appointment:
- Photo identification or Valid driver's license
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer ID Number(s) for all household members
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and your dependents (if any)
- Wage and earning statement(s) forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from all banks (Form 1099)
- Copy of last year’s federal and state returns (if available)
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit (blank check or a letter from your bank)
- Other relevant information:
- Receipts from child care providers, with provider’s identifying number (if any)
- Education expenses and student loan information
- List of all business income and expenses (if applicable)
American Savings Foundation's Maria Falvo guides students through FAFSA applications.
Program Locations - See 2017 Locations & Hours
Volunteers - visit the Volunteer Portal for blogs & the latest news.
For more information on tax preparation, visit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website.